Victor Carrillo – Senior Consultant
Victor Carrillo, former commissioner, Railroad Commission of Texas, helped lead the state agency that oversees the Texas energy sector. Formerly, he was a petroleum geologist/geophysicist, assistant city attorney, Abilene City Councilman, and Taylor County Judge. Mr. Carrillo has many years of oil and gas industry exploration and production experience.
Carrillo says: “As I transition out of almost eight years of public service regulating the oil, gas, and pipeline sector in the largest oil and gas producing state in the nation, I look forward to entering the private sector to help generate jobs, economic opportunity, and domestic energy security for our nation. I am honored to join Don and Ted and look forward to partnering with their professional and successful business that provides essential services for the oil, gas, and pipeline sector.”
Victor has been married for 25 years and has three daughters and one grandson.
- J.D. Law, University of Houston Law Center, 1994
- M.S. Geology with Geophysics emphasis, Baylor University, 1988
- B.S. Geology, Hardin-Simmons University, 1986
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Texas Licensed Attorney
- Texas Licensed Geoscientist
- Member, American Association of Petroleum Geologists since 1984
- Former Vice Chairman, Interstate Oil & Gas Compact Commission
- Board of Advisors, Texas Journal of Oil, Gas & Energy Law at U.T. Law School